Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Cardiff University Occupied!

Today Cardiff university became the 28th UK university to occupy, and the first occupation in Wales!

A student from the occupation said:

"I am ashamed that Cardiff University is helping fund the horrific violence in Gaza the consequence of which is the obliteration of education infrastructure in another, poorer part of the world. I don’t want the money I pay for my education contributing to the destruction of someone else’s. Our thoughts from the occupation are with the people of Gaza, who have lost so much.”

Please send messages of support to cardiffstudentsagainstwar@gmail.com copying in VC FarnhamS@Cardiff.ac.uk.

2 comments:

  1. I have been visiting various blogs for my dissertation writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an art student researching the work of the Impressionists, I have big help from this site called wahooart.com. It's like a good art library, where, convenient for me, works of artists are divided into art movements in history. Some of the works I had never seen before.
    As the canvas prints are affordable, I ordered online a little size canvas print of my favorite,
    http://en.wahooart.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8EWE3X, by Claude Monet.

    ReplyDelete